Sunday, December 27, 2009

Leaving for Burma!

October 12 2009

Dear Burma friends,

Sara and I have obtained our visa for Burma and fly out to Rangoon soon!


We hope to be one and a half month in Burma and maybe a month more than that. As most of you know, there is no phone connection possible and only limited internet available, so we will be mostly cut off from the rest of the world during that time! Lorna will read the CmC emails and she will help you, together with Anton on matters concerning calendars, press etc.

I would like to give some attention to two special events:
As you know, Mark (whom Sara and I met in Burma), has walked the Colorado trail and sold miles for Burma. He is back, watch his splendid report:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VfhxQUxfCQ Thanks Mark!

Than, still to be run: NY Marathon, also for Burma! Good luck Miek, Luc, Bouke & Martin! Please see their message attached.
When we get back, we give you the success stories!

San
(Ei Shwe Zin)


More details on our plans:
We have bought two laptops, we will bring to our village. I am so proud to tell you that all children of the school 'De Meander' in Holland have collected money with postcards made by themselves to support the school in our village!
The second laptop will go to our project coordinators, so they can make good accounting of the micro credits. Sara and I will make picture and write stories about how the credits are successful, and how to improve. We will visit two villages where our projects run. I have received a letter of 15 pages, with accounts of our friend, he wrote me that we can be proud of the growth of the project, many more people from other districts know to find the cooperation, and many loans have been fully paid back already with the 2,5% interest.

Thanks Guido for asking me for 20 calendars, even before they where there. Actually, his request made us decide to make a 2010 calendar!
I would like to thank Arantza for her generous support of $1000. We met in Shan state and have discussed for hours how to help the people with micro credits. I know she would love to visit our village and meet all our friends there. I hope she can in the near future, for now, she will have to do with my stories.
Thanks Gonny for the lovely exposure you gave me with your Vijzelstraatmuseum.nl
Thanks Coby and Rotary Utrecht to support us for 40 calendars
Thanks Martin to arrange for the second time 25 calendars with your colleagues
Thanks Miek and Jos and my mother for supporting me without any question
Thanks to Laurent and Korea (Co.cc), we have a website, for free! And in January he will help us make the site perfect for our purposes.
Cultureforcredit.co.cc
And than to finish the mail: all the countries the calendar has arrived: Holland, Belgium, Germany, USA, Australia, Guatemala, Thailand, Burma, Norway, Israel, so far so good!
Thanks all for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment